OverDrive eBooks Collection
Our school is excited to partner with OverDrive in offering digital content for our students! We are part of the HIDOE Digital Library accessing a collection that grows every year.
Why a Digital Library?
The HIDOE Digital Library is using the OverDrive platform, similar to the one used at the Hawaii State Public Library. The collection is an extension of our physical library, only it's online with 24/7 access to eBooks and audiobooks. It's convenient for students to check out titles anytime, anywhere with no worry about misplacing a book - these digital titles automatically return at the end of the lending period!
Students can log in with their 10 digit student number to search for books by author, title, subject, keyword, reading level, and format. Staff can log in with their 8 digit employee ID number.
Users have the option of reading from an internet browser or downloading a copy by using the free OverDrive app. Recommended browsers are the latest versions of Chrome, FireFox, or Safari.
The following devices are compatible with OverDrive: desktop or laptop computer, iPad, iPod, iPhone, Windows phone or tablet, BlackBerry, Android, Sony Reader Wifi, Kindle Fire, Nook Tablet, Kubo, Chromebook
Check out eBooks lists that Mrs. Lau created
Announcement: May 24, 2018
Exiting students transferring to a participating OverDrive school will have uninterrupted access over the summer. For other students, access will end sometime in early July. See the list of participating schools here.
Login information (10 digit student ID) for each student was included in the Summer Reading Packet.
• Convenient access with online and offline reading
• 24/7 access to books and audio books from internet accessible devices
• Teaches critical listening
• Digital books cannot be lost or damaged - no missing or overdue books
How to Access:
1. Go to the HIDOE Digital library: hawaiipublichi.libraryreserve.com
2. Sign in with your 10 digit student ID or 8 digit faculty ID
3. Borrow a book
4. Go to your Checkouts page (under your Account). From there, click the Read or Listen button to open the book in your browser.