Sora eBooks Collection
Our school is excited to partner with OverDrive in offering digital content for our students! We are part of the HIDOE Digital Library, accessing a collection that grows every year.
Why a Digital Library?
The HIDOE Digital Library is using the Sora platform, similar to the one used at the Hawaii State Public Library. The collection is an extension of our physical library, only it's online with 24/7 access to eBooks and audiobooks. It's convenient for students to check out titles anytime, anywhere with no worry about misplacing a book - these digital titles automatically return at the end of the lending period!
Students can log in with their 10-digit student number to search for books by author, title, subject, keyword, reading level (like Lexile level - click for a video tutorial), and format. Staff can log in with their 8-digit employee ID number.
Users have the option of reading from an internet browser or downloading a copy by using the free Sora app. Recommended browsers are the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox.
Check out eBooks lists that Mrs. Lau created
Login information (10-digit student ID) for each student will be sent home every quarter. You can also find it on the passwords list under Renaissance Learning / Type to Learn / Digital Library.
Borrow up to three items at a time. Your books will be returned automatically after 14 days.
• Convenient access with online and offline reading
• 24/7 access to books and audio books from internet accessible devices
• Teaches critical listening
• Digital books cannot be lost or damaged - no missing or overdue books
How to Access:
1. Go to the HIDOE Digital library: soraapp.com OR download the Sora reading app
*Connecting for the first time? Search for our school or click "I have a setup code" and enter HIDOE
2. Sign in with your 10-digit student ID or 8-digit HIDOE staff ID
3. Explore the collection and borrow a book
4. Go to your Shelf to read or listen to your eBooks